2012年9月25日 星期二

Schematic drawing and PCB Layout


       In this new semester, I have taken the IERG3810 which calls The Microprocessor System Design Laboratory. This course is related to Microprocessor and Computer System. The purpose of this laboratory course is to equip students with practical skills in microcomputer system design. There are six experiments and one mini-project. And in the first week, I have finished the experiment 1.

       In the experiment 1, I have learnt how to use EDA tool drawing schematic diagram and printing the circuit board layout design, I use the OrCAD capture to draw the schematic diagram. Before generating the Netlist file (Used for PCB layout), I need to set up the correct components properties. For example, I need to modify the components’ footprint. Checking is the very important step because if you do wrong, you may need to redo the PCB layout. The schematic diagram and PCB layout are shown as below.

Schematic Diagram

     












PCB Layout















       After finishing this experiment, I have some reflections. Why do I need to place capacitors as close as to IC components. This is because they can reduce the noise and provide the smooth voltage to the IC components. This is a very meaningful practice that we can have a clear concept on doing real circuit design.

2 則留言:

  1. It is interesting that the circuit that we learnt for years will transform to these diagrams, which was really looks weird to me. The transformation of the circuit we used to draw to these "wired cockroach" and turn into the PCB board we used in practical life is really a skillful technique that we should capable of. But I still think it will be an interesting topic to learn :)
    Is the schematic diagram we input will automatically be transform to the PCB layout? or we need to learn the transform by ourselves? It looks like a tough job, as difficult as converting programming language to 1&0...lol

    回覆刪除
  2. Wow... What a interesting things!
    Is it a circuit of the professor? It seems that it is quite complex but I think it should be funny to learn this course. But I want to ask what is the purpose of using this software? I think schematic diagram is the most important because it is the logic of the whole circuit. If the schematic diagram is wrong, the outcome may also wrong. Am I correct?

    回覆刪除